We’re looking forward to expanding our team, with an ideal Candidate to join our amazing team for onsite and remote full time opportunity while enjoying working with other friendly people on the team. He/She must be very resourceful and innovative as a developer with extensive experience in the layout, design and coding of websites both Front-end and backend specifically in PHP format. Strong knowledge of web application development using PHP & Laravel PHP Library with MySQL Server databases is must have requirement.
- Perform a mix of maintenance, enhancements, and new development as required
- Work in a data analyst role and with business intelligence applications
- Document features, technical specifications & infrastructure Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally to convert business needs into technical specifications
- Ability to work to deadlines and as a team member
- Ability to communicate thoughts clearly to the team
- Writing efficient code
- Working closely with other developers on the team to produce global standard web software's
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to break complex problems into parts and solve them
- Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe
- Researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation
- Implementing contingency plans in case the web applications go down
- Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the web apps once built
- Managing a team might also be part of the job role
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports for such projects when requested,
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Strong knowledge of PHP language with a strong understanding of the Laravel framework
- Substantial experience working with RESTful web services
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as MYSQL or POSTGRESQL
- Proven experience in complex system design for large SW development projects
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Ability to work independently and remotely, i.e. have a laptop and a quiet space
- Organizational skills and detail orientated
- Experience working with a team
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to learn new technologies
- 4+ years' of experience in web development and software design with PHP plus other languages
- University degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Experience working with Laravel PHP Framework together with Vue-js or ReactJS on the Front-end
- Knowledge of ReactJS and Nodejs is an added advantage
- Refactoring existing code to meet new standards and features (PHP 8)
- Writing unit tests
Who are we looking for as a full-stack/PHP developer position at Boosted Technologies LTD?
We're looking for a professional who would help us build both the front-end and the backend of our products.
The candidate is expected to have at least a basic understanding of web application (and more specifically PHP) security.
The position is full-time and remote (in the EAST African timezone). The candidate should be a highly self-disciplined professional with excellent communication skills.
You'll be working in a fast-paced startup environment where everybody is involved in planning the direction and growth of the company.
While we provide a lot of personal freedom, we're looking for a solution-oriented person who is not afraid of challenges and is also happy to work on tasks that might not fall into everyday responsibilities.
All applicants should fill the application form and submit their CVs to email@example.com
The job placement is to run for a period of 1 to 2 months in which we shall expect everyone to work full time for that period and the best candidates shall be retained as full time employees.